"The quality of mercy is not strained;
It droppeth as the gentle rain from heaven
Upon the place beneath.
Upon the place beneath.
It is twice blest-
It blesseth him that gives,
and him that takes."
I used to be a thankful person. Positive. Aware of my blessings. Enjoying simple things, but in tune with the bigger picture. Slowly and without intention, I began to allow circumstances and the busyness of life to cloud my vision.
So, I'm trying something new, somewhat inspired by this author. Mercies along the way is a place for me to begin reclaiming that piece of myself. Every Monday you'll find me here, sharing bits of my life that I am finding joy in.
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
919. Jada wearing the paperclip earrings she made to school
920. making the best after a crazy start to a afternoon off of school for the kids
|making roasted chickpeas. his favorite.|
|layer cake she made with her easy bake oven. she LOVES that oven.|
922. trying a new recipe just for fun
923. getting all thanksgiving food made the night before
924. butternut squash
925. talking and coming to a further understanding
926. oh, the help in life from my husband
927. school bus (free transport to school and back)
928. candles lit in the livingroom
929. hours the boys spend with the contraptions, especially Ezra
|one of the best toys ever|
930. Ezra's out-of-nowhere crazy questions, curiosity is his strong suit
931. time for Brad to go for a run
932. a warm house
933. surprise card in the mail & the thought behind it
934. surprise conversation and gift
935. many loads of laundry done and put away
936. a lower grocery bill this week
937. almost fully learning my new grocery store
938. hugs on sunday mornings
939. the many warm blankets we can pile on our beds to stay warm
941. the opportunity to speak into my kids lives
942. a train table being used for a coffee table covered with games and other activities
943. possible fun theater opportunity for a couple kids. auditions on tuesday
944. having some stores nearby
945. group members who are invested and do their share of the project and papers
946. huge anticipation of winter break for me!!! (did I say that last week?!)
947. healthy fall for my family
948. being in month 7 of Asrat's tb meds...almost there! and, that he can swallow pills so we don't have to deal with crushing them up
949. sweet emails from friends at just the right time
950. beautiful song lyrics written by Erkinesh
951. a great thanksgiving day at the farm. also seeing my mom and most of my sister's family for a bit.
952. finally doing the caramel apples we had planned to have halloween night
|fondue style caramel apples|