12.10.2013

Mercies along the way...{entry no. 35}

"The quality of mercy is not strained; 
It droppeth as the gentle rain from heaven 
Upon the place beneath. 
It is twice blest- 
It blesseth him that gives, 
and him that takes."   
                         -Shakespeare

I used to be a thankful person.  Positive.  Aware of my blessings.  Enjoying simple things, but in tune with the bigger picture.  Slowly and without intention, I began to allow circumstances and the busyness of life to cloud my vision.

So, I'm trying something new, somewhat inspired by this author.  Mercies along the way is a place for me to begin reclaiming that piece of myself.  Every Monday you'll find me here, sharing bits of my life that I am finding joy in.
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
A day late, but I need to do this.

954. hand me downs for the girls from their aunties
955. Erkinesh's dream dress (that she'd seen in Sonya's closet) in the bag of hand me downs
956. my mom being able to come here and be with the kids while Brad and I were both in class
957. big project done well.
958. making it through another week of Brad being on call.  craziest on call week ever.
959. fresh snow making the ground pretty
960. my semester done.  1/2 way done!
961. Ezra and Erkinesh auditioning for and being cast as munchkins in the high school's wizard.of.oz
962. pinecones
963. not feeling stressed about christmas despite not having our tree up, few present purchased and virtually nothing else done
964. being able to stay with my aunt all semester
965. new dresser for Jackson from my aunt, just enough room for it to fit in the boys' room. the boys have been sharing 3 drawers, so this is fabulous!
966. peace today despite some frustrating circumstances
967. watching Jackson's first bball game of the season, and playing for this school
968. firends to celebrate with
969. pomegranates on sale
970. watching one of my kids do difficult things and pull through

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful provision in so many ways in this list today ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. love these snippets and updates. love checking in on you, friend.

    ReplyDelete