6.21.2013

Mercies along the way...{entry no. 29}

"The quality of mercy is not strained; 
It droppeth as the gentle rain from heaven 
Upon the place beneath. 
It is twice blest- 
It blesseth him that gives, 
and him that takes."   
                         -Shakespeare

I used to be a thankful person.  Positive.  Aware of my blessings.  Enjoying simple things, but in tune with the bigger picture.  Slowly and without intention, I began to allow circumstances and the busyness of life to cloud my vision.

So, I'm trying something new, somewhat inspired by this author.  Mercies along the way is a place for me to begin reclaiming that piece of myself.  Every Monday you'll find me here, sharing bits of my life that I am finding joy in.
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

It's not Monday, but I miss this and better make time for it while I can.

785.  fresh egg delivery and the friends that deliver them
786.  a evening out with my husband before he went on call (again)
787.  accomplishing something I was nervous about
788.  celebrating Jada's birthday 
Jada and her aunt, Sonya.
Fairy houses they built.
Love these two girls!
11 years old!
789.  Erkinesh in our town's celebration




790.  Asrat going to his first parade.  Watching Erkinesh ride on a float and Jackson march in the band.
Jackson in the sunglasses.
She loved being on the float.
791.  special gifts on my birthday
792.  spending time with a friend while she did Erkinesh's hair and nails
793.  new pajamas for Jada
794.  getting some errands done
795.  an afternoon that was free
796.  watching 3 kids at baseball
797.  Jackson catching a bass at the farm


798.  my mother-in-law helping me out on a Saturday morning
799.  family coming to watch Erkinesh
800.  the books filling our house from the library
801.  kids reading on the couch in the afternoon
802.  excitement of the kids setting up a pool in the backyard
803.  the boys playing bows and arrow together


804.  Jada's colorful plate. Not quite what the nutrition teacher intended.


805.  watching all 5 of our kids driving bumper cars together
806.  our town's annual road race.  Brad and Jackson running the 4 mile.  Jada and Erkinesh running the mile and getting 1st and 3rd place.  Ezra running the 1/2 mile.  Fun, fun day!
807.  making some summer snacks with Ezra
808.  sanity provided by 1 hour rest time in the afternoon
809.  being challenged by Amy Carmichael
810.  Asrat running around outside without his shirt on
811.  waking up to Ezra and Erkinesh playing checkers
812.  encouragement for Jada

3 comments:

  1. I do this in my head on Sundays. Summer time is especially easy, winter well that's another story. I love your list.

    ReplyDelete
  2. good morning....all great pics...loved the one of Jackson in the band....would have loved to see the kids in the bumper cars.....(Pics???)
    Have a great wk studying...hope it's going well..
    love and hugs to you all....
    mom

    ReplyDelete