12.10.2012

Mercies along the way... {entry no. 9}


"The quality of mercy is not strained; 
It droppeth as the gentle rain from heaven 
Upon the place beneath. 
It is twice blest- 
It blesseth him that gives, 
and him that takes."   
                         -Shakespeare

I used to be a thankful person.  Positive.  Aware of my blessings.  Enjoying simple things, but in tune with the bigger picture.  Slowly and without intention, I began to allow circumstances and the busyness of life to cloud my vision.

So, I'm trying something new, somewhat inspired by this author.  Mercies along the way is a place for me to begin reclaiming that piece of myself.  Every Monday you'll find me here, sharing bits of my life that I am finding joy in.
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

221.  Brad replenishing my tea stash
222.  A day off of basketball practice for Jackson
223.  avocados
224.  chickpeas
225.  a conversation with someone who gets it-so refreshing
226.  honesty
227.  Ezra's cheeks
228.  Christmas shopping at home
229.  Jackson receiving a couple of cross country shoe awards.


230.  good tires on the van
231.  being back @ Journey after missing two weeks
232.  Ethiopian food for Sunday lunch
233.  a place to stay during the blizzard-and beds for all of us!
234.  school 2 hours late
235.  our Christmas tree
236.  Asrat putting the star on the tree


237.  Asrat trying to climb the tree like Cur.ious George to put the star on by himself
238.  Jada's first band concert


239.  shopping lists made
240.  lights and greenery on the staircase
241.  getting home safely after the blizzard
242.  cookie making day with my nieces, sister and mom-and not baking anything myself
243.  translation help from some friends-great connections-fun responses
244.  seeing friends (see 243) at three different stores on a blizzardy afternoon
245.  watching Jackson's first basketball game
246.  girls doing yoga together and getting along
247.  Ezra's turn to make dinner.  homemade chicken tenders and breadsticks.
248.  Ezra bringing Asrat to 2nd grade.  Asrat talked and talked and talked.  We had to tell him to shorten his stories several times.


249.  pinecones gathered for me by Jackson and Jada
250.  having an old camera (albeit blurry) to use since I lost our good one

1 comment:

  1. Love your lists....wish I'd thought of this when 'my girls' were growing up...and at least written them down... and love the pics you posted here....such precious grandbabies....need to hug them tight....
    love you all....

    ReplyDelete