12.03.2012

Mercies along the way... {entry no. 8}


"The quality of mercy is not strained; 
It droppeth as the gentle rain from heaven 
Upon the place beneath. 
It is twice blest- 
It blesseth him that gives, 
and him that takes."   
                         -Shakespeare

I used to be a thankful person.  Positive.  Aware of my blessings.  Enjoying simple things, but in tune with the bigger picture.  Slowly and without intention, I began to allow circumstances and the busyness of life to cloud my vision.

So, I'm trying something new, somewhat inspired by this author.  Mercies along the way is a place for me to begin reclaiming that piece of myself.  Every Monday you'll find me here, sharing bits of my life that I am finding joy in.
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

194.  working vehicles
195.  working washer and dryer
196.  a fun weekend/reunion for Erkinesh
197.  my mom came part of the way with us this weekend
198.  good conversation late at night.  thanks, Joc.
199.  safe travel through lots of fog, again.
200.  watching Jackson in his first jr. high concert
201.  friend's prayers and insight
202.  a fun message today
203.  my favorite no-bake cookies waiting on the counter for me when I got home from the weekend away.  from a friend.
204.  a pumpkin pie for Brad from same friend.
205.  food made ahead to pull out of the freezer
206.  some odd jobs Brad got done while I was gone for the weekend
207.  God has a plan.  Even when it seems like I can't find my next step.
208.  4 kids sitting quietly through the concert tonight
209.  Asrat loving being at his first concert.  He loved the tuba and the dancing and clapping.
210.  insight into something that has had me both curious and frustrated
211.  Jada spending the afternoon sitting on our bed listening to an audio version of Wizard of Oz and braiding bracelets
212.  Ezra's handwriting
213.  Hugs from Ezra when I got home Sunday night.  Seriously, he has the best hugs ever.
214.  words from gifted writers
215.  sleep
216.  my kids all in one place
217.  lots of weddings planned for 2013
218.  Erkinesh and her friend, S, being their crazy selves together 
219.  beautiful sky as we drove through Iowa
220.  Jackson in his concert attire

2 comments:

  1. i love your lists, Sharon. i'm with you on SLEEP! isn't it a beautiful gift from God? and food already made waiting in the freezer--that's something to shout about!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sooo thankful to be able to ride along with you this past wkend...love being with my family...and to be able to spend time with Lowell and his family....Love your lists, so many things we take for granted...reflection is always sooo good, a 'warm fuzzy'...I will make it to Jackson's next concert....OH....I could have eaten MORE of that chicken lasagna....was great....
    Love and hugs to your family...
    Mom

    ReplyDelete